- University Degree in Physics as Diplom-Physiker (Dipl.-Phys.) at Technical University Braunschweig
- Doctoral Degree in Engineering (Dr.-Ing.) at the Technical University Braunschweig, 1978
- Adjunct Professor for International Aviation at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Lecturer for Aviation Safety and Airworthiness at the Technical University Braunschweig
- 1983-2003 Various Project Management, Management and Senior Management positions at the German National Aviation Authority LBA, including Project Certification Manager Airbus, Manager Regional Office Berlin, Manager Commercial Airlines, Deputy Director LBA
- 2004-2015 Certification Director, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Co-author of “Cologne Compendium on Air Law in Europe”, ISBN 978-3-452-27523
This presentation will present the recent and upcoming activities of UAV-DACH relative to regulatory matters in Germany, as well as an opinion of the way forward.